You guys, where was the David Tutera Bridal collection when I was getting married?!
Could it BE more my style? Answer: no.
As you may have already heard (or seen), my little sis is getting married this summer. She’s going with the recently trendy “rustic” theme. My challenge was to combine rustic charm with “BLING”.
Done and DONE.
Supplies (from top and clockwise):
– Various height candle holders
– Glue (in this case Quik Grip, but only because I couldn’t find my E-6000)
– David Tutera Self Adhesive Bling
You heard that right, SELF ADHESIVE BLING. It was so incredibly easy to use.
I can’t wait to dig into it some more and use it again!
1. Cut the burlap into desired thickness and length to wrap around the candle holder. Don’t worry about it being “perfect”, that’s the point of the rustic look. Leave enough length so that the ends overlap.
2. Place a strip of glue along both ends and the middle of the burlap (just in case of slippage while it’s drying) and wrap around the candle holder. Make sure you hold it in place until it’s secured.
3. Cut your bling strips to the desired thickness and length.
4. Remove the backing and wrap your bling around the center of the burlap. No glue necessary-it holds really, really well. I was actually impressed.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each candle holder. Insert a candle into each and enjoy 🙂
Haven’t shown my sister yet to see if she “approves”… but (don’t tell her) even if she doesn’t I’m totally using them at her bridal shower. MUAH AH AH!
I’m seriously in love with this collection. For more check out David Tutera on Twitter and Pinterest, and Darice Crafts on Facebook. You should also totally check out the gorgeous things that some super talented ladies are creating with his stuff:
Disclaimer: I wrote this post as part of a sponsored campaign with Darice and The Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are my own.